Epic Kayaks

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week of Workouts 2.0

Weather in GA – Clowdy and rainy, temps of 60s-70s all week
Training focus – I’ve been thinking about some upcoming marathon worlds try outs. This week, I wanted to get some distance paddling in during a week of light paddling for the rest of the team. With this, I focused on mentally being in a good place during these long paddles. It was awesome remembering how to turn the mind off and just paddle. An important skill of marathoning: knowing how to shut up and paddle. One of the things I enjoy about marathon is put less thought into each stroke. I tend to trust my arms more in distance paddling; I know that they know what to do: Vs sprint where every stroke must be precise and strong. Also I appreciate the grind of long continuous paddling; I feel like a monster in the boat. Workouts in K1 unless otherwise stated.

MondayMorning: Run longer distances about 40 mins, Afternoon: paddle, 10k of long continuous paddling (about an hour on the water).

Tuesday - Morning: Run 20 mins, Afternoon: paddle, 8x 200m pieces – focusing on having a powerful stroke rate throughout all of each piece

Wednesday - Morning: Run about 50 mins, paddle: 2hours of LSD (long slow distance). Here again I was working on mental strength, keeping small thoughts throughout the whole paddle, and focusing only on what needed to be focused on. Afternoon: OFF, rest

Thursday - Morning: pull ups and abs, paddle: 1 hour easy, Afternoon: 5k running time control

Friday - Morning: pull ups and abs, paddle: interval work (4 mins on, 1 min off) for 1 hour, Afternoon: starts! 20sec pieces; working on fast stroke rates.

Saturday – Paddle: 2 x 4k in team boats. Distance race situations.

Sunday – Sleep, OFF

No comments:

Post a Comment