Epic Kayaks

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Off to Nationals and Europe

Hi guys,

Always great to get a nice little weekend in at home. I drove back for the weekend to drop off my car and epic V12 Surfski before a long trip around the world. It's so fun to go back to the water i grew up on and paddle around in my favorite boat: my surfski. Those conditions (V12 on Penobscot Bay, Maine) truly feel like home to me. Man, nothing is better than that!

Tomorrow I'll be flying out to Oklahoma City to race in the National Sprint Champs later next week. Then, I fly out for 2 months in Europe.  I'll go  to Romania for the first 2 weeks for some crazy training there.  Ill be training with the Romanian national team women as well as the Mexican women (who love to train with the Romanians).  After that I'll head off for 3 weeks of training in Germany. Here, I'll switch gears to more long distance paddling as I get ready for World Marathon Champs happening in Copenhagen. Ill take the train up with one of my teammates from Germany to Denmark for that. It should be quite a fun paddling tour.  I'm incredibly thankful for the opportunity to do all of this. I'm hoping I can grow as a paddler from all the international experience. I hope to have a good race at marathons this year. I'm 24 so this is the first time I race in the big bad senior women's class (I'm moving up from the under23 group).

Hope everyone's having a great summer and getting plenty of time out on the water,

Alex




No comments:

Post a Comment