Epic Kayaks

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Mexico City, Mexico Training for PanAmerican Champs

Hi guys,

My training group and I are back to work in Mexico City. This is my 2nd trip here this year (1st in March). It's a great course and a great training environment. The purpose of the trip: train up for PanAmerican Championships which will be hosted here the first week in September. We had to get here early because Mexico City is in 2,200m of altitude. There's a lot of theories on altitude training, but we generally believe it takes about 3 weeks to acclimate to the lighter air. The first week is hard; the 2nd week is harder; the third week, you're about back to normal. I'm glad I've already experienced the cycle once this year and know what to expect- more or less. It's a great training opportunity here: my Cardio should be great for the fall. The Mexican team is helping us out a lot with boats and figured out. They're great friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment