Epic Kayaks

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Nation Team Trials

After two weeks of training with the team in Oklahoma City, we finally got to do some races! This regatta was National team trials. Like usual in OKC, we had some serious wind for a lot of the races. 500m day had a pretty serious headwind which makes times slow, but I've always loved a good headwind. 200m day (race picture below) was a little bit calmer and sunny. I'm very proud of my team; everyone did quite well in all of their events. I raced all of the senior women's races. I got 3rd place in both singles distances- the 500m and the 200m. I'm very happy to say these results got me a spot on the World Cups Team! Now I'll race in Portugal the 2nd weekend of May, and Germany the 3rd weekend- representing my country: Merica. This summer will be really fun; full of European adventures, hard training, and races!



No comments:

Post a Comment